Friday, August 24, 2012

Tobermory and Bruce Peninsula

Again this year, we went to the pretty little town at the end of the Bruce Peninsula. The weather certainly was  exceptional and the company of my brother Warren, his friend, MaryAnn and my partner, Joe was great.


We spent a few hours a Halfway Log Dump just after checking into our hotel room at Blue Bay Hotel. The 'dump' is just as it has looked since I started going up there in the early 80's. There are many more people than back then but the park is a national treasure. After a picnic lunch we walked down the trail to Georgian Bay. Warren and I both went into the water and put on our snorkels. The water was cool but refreshing.

Back at Tobermory we went to a very popular restaurant and motel (Grandview) for a meal. Warren and MaryAnn had the salmon and Joe had the whitefish, I settled for the pecan chicken breast. We had beer and good conversations.


The next day, Warren and MaryAnn took a ride on the Glass Bottom Boat for 2 hours while Joe and I went to Singing Sand Beach part of the Bruce Peninsula National Park. I haven't been to this park before but it is a long beach of sand and the water is very shallow. It is great for families with young children.


Even though this destination comes up every year, it is still a great place to visit.

More pictures of this excursion and others are on Picasa.




No comments: