Thursday, September 09, 2010

We groom and ride the horses

Today, Warren, Alex and I met at the RB Paint farm and had our first taste of grooming and riding horses. Alex was our instructor and is very friendly and helpful. She is also very good at training humans and well as horses.

We met at 11:00 a.m. and we were shown some of the 18 horses in the corral. We then went into the barn where we learned how to brush and groom the horses. Also how to clean the hoofs.

Later, we leaned how to saddle the horse and then took our teaching horse, Sherry, out for a spin. I was first after instructions from Alex. Guess, what? I didn't fall off or anything. Warren did have to help me up because I'm a little out of shape.

Next, Warren had a turn and we both enjoyed the ride immensely.

We will likely make this a weekly meeting and training session. Warren is going to be retired at the end of this month and can ride more often. But I'm not far behind.

More pictures on Picasa.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: