Sunday, February 11, 2007

A scare

Last night while dining at one our favourite restaurants, I began choking. At first, I thought that I could clear the food by just coughing. Usually works and besides it seems natural. This time however, it didn't succeed and the particle of food covered my windpipe. I then had shortness of breath and panicked. I wanted to make my way to the washroom in case I had to stick my finger down my throat. On the way over someone came up behind me and gave me the Heimlick maneuver. It worked.

I have never had an experience like that one before and hope it never happens again.

I went back to my table and continued to eat my food. Then the fire department arrived because one of the staff called 911. I explained what had happened and gave them my name.

I think I just used up one of my nine lives.

No comments: